Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipe

Look what I will be doing later on today! My own laundry detergent! Isn't this cool? I was reading Little Birdie Secrets
and came across this cool recipe! I think its interesting, fun and easy to do so I will try it and let you know how well it worked. Just to let you know, these are not pictures I took or my idea, they are from Little Birdie Secrets blog.

It comes out to be around $2.50 for a 5 gallon bucket. Isn't this awesome! 5 gallons is enough to 160 loads! Our economy is not the best right now. So if you want to save some money, try this! Plus it seems fun! I love to try new things! I dare you to try this! Let me know if you do! You can read how to make your own laundry detergent on Little Birdie Secrets blog!






3 comments:

  1. I saw this recipe featured on Tip Junkie awhile back and have wanted to make it for my hubby's work clothes. When you make it and use it for awhile, will you let us know how it goes? Our washer went bust a few months ago so I was our clothes at my mother-in-laws house...and they have to have HE formulated soap so I can't make this until we get our own washer. But I'd love to know what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I will have to check that out once I run out of laundry detergent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah when you make this soap it does work on HE washers. I have one my friends have them and I make them soap all the time. I use Kirks castille boarax and washing soad and of course water. This soap does not sud and works AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete